Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Fresh Perspective



I finally broke down. After loosing the ability to sit down without the high probability of falling asleep, I booked a guesthouse and got a good nights sleep. I woke up to a a bright sunny morning and a cold shower. After filling my belly with warm leechee and rice starch slop, I took to the walking street of Khao San. Khao San is described in multiple guide books as the paradise for backpackers and this is the perfect description. 5 dollar rooms, 17 cent meals, lots of English speaking tourists, many shops and a colorful smattering of 24 bars. The latter tends to attract to "European Frat Boy" group but even alpha-male, gym rat, booze hounds are a little more interesting table side in Bangkok.


There is a suit shop occupying every other store front. This makes battering extremely easy. The technique I perfected is just tell them the store next door gave offered lower prices for more. The will fall over themselves to reduce to the cost and through in 10 free ties. As it as been almost an hour since I have eaten anything. I must eat. My body has gotten used to constantly consuming new and exciting foods. I wouldn't want to disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. I am compiling my shopping list right now. You brought two back packs I hope?

    Rice starch slop, what is it flavored with?

    ReplyDelete